Glass Slipper Designs on the WeddingLovely Vendor Guide

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Music that sets the mood

One of the things I debated most when I got married which was songs to pick for the prelude. The song I THOUGHT I would walk down  to got pushed aside for another song I fell in love with, and it's a decision I'll never regret.

Music sets the tone for the whole day. Many of my guests said they actually cried during the prelude because my song choices were so personal and touched them. I chose music that had meaning to me and us as a couple.So my advice for the day is this: sure, people might expect you to walk down to Canon in D like hundreds of thousands of other brides before you, but choose music that's meaningful to YOU. People will remember you walking in to a unique song more than walking in to the same old, same old.

And in case you're wondering, my bridesmaids walked down the aisle to "Feels Like Home" by Chantel Kreviazuk; the ring bearer and flower girl walked down the aisle to "Suite from Forest Gump;" and I walked down the aisle to "If This is It" by Newton Faulkner.

"Feels like Home" by Chantal Kreviazuk


"Suite from Forest Gump" by Allan Silvestri


"If This is It" by Newton Faulkner

No comments:

Post a Comment