Glass Slipper Designs on the WeddingLovely Vendor Guide

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Featured vendor: Twilight Affairs

We have a vendor that we'd like to share with all you brides-to-be. Twilight Affairs is a Red Deer-based wedding planner started by owner Ashely Martin. Ashley is a small town girl with big city dreams. She is a full-time mother of two, wife, event consultant, fairy godmother and vision achiever. Spare time is her nemesis! She is a passionate activist for local charities, groups and organizations. Twilight Affairs has grown out of her personal love for entertaining, volunteering, fundraising, and most importantly, people.

Glass Slipper Designs interviewed Ashley to learn more about how Twilight Affairs came to be and some of the big trends Ashley predicts will be huge in 2011:

1) What inspired you to start Twilight Affairs?


The inspiration came like many wedding/event planners when I planned my own wedding in 2006. It was a low budget, short time line, high stress time in my life and I needed help. Not having many friends that knew a thing about weddings or any family close by to lend a hand, I thought of how great it would be if I could hire a wedding planner. I looked into it and there was no wedding planner any where to be found in Red Deer.

During the planning stage of my wedding, I managed to sneak a few hours here and there and took a online wedding planning crash course. That is when it all started, I fell in love. I learned there was actually a timeline for things, a list of etiquette and traditions and so much more! I learnt how to cut costs, negotiate deals with vendors and even maintain a budget. I had confidence again, and went on my merry way planning my wedding. After my wedding, I got so many complements on the ceremony location, my dress, the food, and event. I thought,  "Ashley this is it, this is what you were meant to do!"

2) What cities do you provide services in?


Twilight Affairs provides services in Central Alberta, approximately in areas around 100 km around the Red Deer area. I consider events outside this area, but the are subject to travel fees.

3) What do you think the biggest trend for 2011 weddings will be?


I have been seeing a lot of vintage - what was once old is now new. Also, family-style seating is becoming more popular; sitting at rectangular tables is now the thing and rounds are old news. I am also noticing smaller guest lists with my 2011 clients, which creates a great atmosphere. I think if I have to put a label on it, I would call it the `Comfort Element'.

Surrounding your self with close friends and family, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere and carrying on the time old traditions and style that were at your grandmothers wedding is all the rage for this year.

4) What's the most extravagant wedding you ever planned?


I am currently planning the most extravagant wedding and corporate event I have ever planned! A double whammy!

For the wedding, there is a soft, whimsical theme with touches of vintage. Pretty mixes of pinks, orange and peaches with the slightest touches of green & glistening crystal. Oh so pretty! Watch out for pictures on my facebook page and website.

The corporate event is a Hollywood theme Winter Gala! We have the biggest room at the Capri Hotel, celebrity Radio D.J`s, live entertainment, celebrity impersonators, red carpet, bright lights and awards! I am SO excited about this one!

For more information about Twilight Affairs, visit the website at http://www.twilightaffairs.ca/,  email twilightaffairs@gmail.com or call Ashley at 403-350-0938.

1 comment:

  1. Love the Blog Erin! Thank you again for featuring me on your site!

    ReplyDelete